Skip to main content

Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop


The Entrance


This is week three, Contemplation!  So the front side of our Retreat House is done, mostly, I can see where I would like to add more personally meaningful additions here and there. I'm taking this Online Workshop with Cathryn Antyr, the collagediva. I did another workshop with Cathryn and was very pleased with the details of instruction and the photos which guide you along and this workshop is no different.  I beleive that through this work I am finding balance in my life which was sorely needed.



First Panels
My artistic blossoming is depicted by a Louts flower.  Each petal reflects an aspect I am working on.  I also added that while I am doing this work I will allow myself to gently unfold but at the same time allow
exploration while holding close to what has heart and meaning for me personally.


Center Panels
This panel is a santuary for Ganesh.  The little window opens to reveal some of the attributes of Ganesh, he is the Lord of Protection and Refuse.  He Repels Obstacles on the Path of Righteousness and allows for the Sweetness of the Realized Inner Self.


Last Panels
The last panel is for Lectio Divina, loosely translated means, slow prayer,  I wrote my favorite quotes by my personal heros on this panel to read very slowly each day.  There is a lot of heart and meaning to this repeating the quotes each day.

I am enjoying this workshop and beleive I have made some major artistic breakthroughs working with this material.  I feel that this workshop is bringing forth the spirituality I have in a new way. It is satisfying and deep and spirituality fullfilling.

Comments

KathrynAntyr said…
Oh Ellie, I'm so taken with your retreat house and your comments and where this workshop is taking you. I am so, so happy to hear that you are feeling more connected spiritually. You retreat house is beautiful. May it be a place you will return to again and again when you need some time for *YOU*

Thank you for posting this so the group can enjoy it too!
{soul hugs}
Kathryn
Whoa !
What a beautiful album !
I'm in the workshop too :)
Sarah S said…
Great retreat house. The Mandala is awesome.
Tammy said…
What a beautiful place to visit for strength, peace and connection.
freebird said…
This is very nice. A wonderful object to look at and to remind yourself of what is important to you.
whymsicallotus said…
Hi Ellie!
Your retreat house is awesome!

I wish I would've read the beginning of your blog! I would've never presumed to tell you about the Taupou! LOL! My husband is Samoan and I'm Hawaiian/palagi. ; )

We're in the North Cali Valley. Email me sometime!
Lotus
lootsvele@yahoo.com
Shelley Malone said…
This is so amazing! I just love how you've poured so much of yourself into this album and captured so many different aspects of your personality.

Popular posts from this blog

Siapo Desgin Greeting Cards

What I've been up to lately!  Greeting Cards!! I have created some greeting cards that are near and dear to my heart. 

They will be available at my brand new Esty shop called AliiTasiStudio, opening at the end of September 2016.  
My greeting cards are one of a kind. There are no two exactly alike. In this series they are hand made from recycled tea bags and stamped with my hand carved stamps using archival inks.Each tea bag is a piece of signed original art.
I was inspired to create these cards by my Samoan ancestors and from living with Siapo hanging on the wall of my bedroom as a child.They are reminiscent of traditional hand pounded Siapo, also known as Tapa, made from Mulberry Tree bark.There is a long history of Polynesian Tapa in Oceania.Siapo was/is used as an element of value, given at Births, Weddings, Funerals and important ceremonial gatherings involving High Talking Chiefs and Village Chiefs..I would love to include you in the tradition of giving Siapo as a valued gif…

Grace Hudson Museum

The gift shop at Grace Hudson Museum is now carrying my AliiTasiStudio greeting cards!!! Yay for me!!!

Wikipeida has this to say; The Grace Hudson Museum in Ukiah, California is adjacent to the Sun House where artist Grace Hudson and her husband resided until their deaths. The house and museum are owned and operated by the city of Ukiah.
Returning to California, Grace and John Hudson lived the rest of their days leading a modest bohemian lifestyle of collecting, traveling, field work, reading, entertaining, photography and painting based in The Sun House in Ukiah, a Craftsman-style California bungalow they designed and had built of redwood in 1911. The Hopi sun symbol was adopted by the Hudsons as their family symbol; the Sun House displays the emblem prominently over the door. John Hudson died there in 1936.
With no children of her own, Grace Hudson left The Sun House and its land to her nephew, Mark Carpenter. Carpenter preserved the house and its 30,000 collected objects fo…

To Be Organized!

My old and favorite blog, artstudio49.blogspot.com has evolved to contain my ART as a clearinghouse of sorts.  It’s what I think will keep me organized, and possibility even sane.  I have joined forces with several online artist/designer-selling platforms. 

These companies manufacture, ship, and pay the Artists/Designers an agreed upon stipend for the use of their digital files containing the artwork.

I won’t get rich or even famous but these platforms are a way to get my work out into the universe or even just the virtual universe.

First in line is Fine Art America, which I joined last year.  My art is in a state of flux and I’m giving birth to new and different kinds of art everyday.  Fine Art America is a great place to start keeping it all categorized, as you’ll see in my shop.  I have uploaded; Collage, Paintings, Photos and Digitally Altered Collage and Photos.  You can get to my shop Me at Fine Art America
Redbubble is similar to Fine Art America in that you can purchase Wall Art…