Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop


The Entrance


This is week three, Contemplation!  So the front side of our Retreat House is done, mostly, I can see where I would like to add more personally meaningful additions here and there. I'm taking this Online Workshop with Cathryn Antyr, the collagediva. I did another workshop with Cathryn and was very pleased with the details of instruction and the photos which guide you along and this workshop is no different.  I beleive that through this work I am finding balance in my life which was sorely needed.



First Panels
My artistic blossoming is depicted by a Louts flower.  Each petal reflects an aspect I am working on.  I also added that while I am doing this work I will allow myself to gently unfold but at the same time allow
exploration while holding close to what has heart and meaning for me personally.


Center Panels
This panel is a santuary for Ganesh.  The little window opens to reveal some of the attributes of Ganesh, he is the Lord of Protection and Refuse.  He Repels Obstacles on the Path of Righteousness and allows for the Sweetness of the Realized Inner Self.


Last Panels
The last panel is for Lectio Divina, loosely translated means, slow prayer,  I wrote my favorite quotes by my personal heros on this panel to read very slowly each day.  There is a lot of heart and meaning to this repeating the quotes each day.

I am enjoying this workshop and beleive I have made some major artistic breakthroughs working with this material.  I feel that this workshop is bringing forth the spirituality I have in a new way. It is satisfying and deep and spirituality fullfilling.

Comments

Kathryn Costa said…
Oh Ellie, I'm so taken with your retreat house and your comments and where this workshop is taking you. I am so, so happy to hear that you are feeling more connected spiritually. You retreat house is beautiful. May it be a place you will return to again and again when you need some time for *YOU*

Thank you for posting this so the group can enjoy it too!
{soul hugs}
Kathryn
Mescrap said…
Whoa !
What a beautiful album !
I'm in the workshop too :)
Sarah S said…
Great retreat house. The Mandala is awesome.
Tammy Freiborg said…
What a beautiful place to visit for strength, peace and connection.
Timaree said…
This is very nice. A wonderful object to look at and to remind yourself of what is important to you.
Anonymous said…
Hi Ellie!
Your retreat house is awesome!

I wish I would've read the beginning of your blog! I would've never presumed to tell you about the Taupou! LOL! My husband is Samoan and I'm Hawaiian/palagi. ; )

We're in the North Cali Valley. Email me sometime!
Lotus
lootsvele@yahoo.com
Shelley Malone said…
This is so amazing! I just love how you've poured so much of yourself into this album and captured so many different aspects of your personality.

Popular posts from this blog

Go Easy