New Stuff in November and December

These past couple of month have been a complete change from the past year.  I lost my 88 year old client to Alheimzers who lived 75 miles from me.  So my dear client and comute is over, which is sad in so many ways. In spite of the comute I was able to bring my computer and art supplies therefore stay active on the internet and keep creating for the three days I was there.

I have a new client who will be 90 years old in 2010, who is in good health and a joy in her own right.  She only lives 15 miles from me but alas, no internet connection or space for me to create art.

So I'm back to a very lopsided exsistance, 3 days with no internet or art and then 4 days off.  I'm having to deal with art and internet withdrawal!  And of course tis the season to be busy, busy, busy! 

All these pages are from my composition book that I got from Walmart for $1.29.  I love that I don't have to worry, just have fun and total freedom....cheap books....cheap paints....priceless fun!



I snagged some really old MS. (1973) magazines from the library free box.  I was amazed at the content of some of the articles, some of the issues are still the same.  I get the old saying the more things change the more they stay the same.  Beats me!





As always....having Gratitude!  A wonderful thing!  I was quite inspired by Melody Beattie when she said; "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusioninto clarity.  It can turn a meal into feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sence of our past, and brings Peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow". This quote fit my background of a sunburst like center and worked with all the "turns" in the saying.

In an effort to keep on track and stay healthy I found a book entitled Stephen Biesty's Incredible Body.  The illustrations are whimical and quite detailed.  Based on the idea that we have these wonderful "teams" that make the body work.  I used the mouth to represent WHAT GOES IN!  I hope that you can see the wonderful artisry.
I have some backgrounds that I'm still working on and some that I've started to collage.  I also had this bright idea of date stamping the spread with all the dates that I've worked on a spread, still wondering about that!




I do have some more to post but need to adjust for vertical or landscape....see you later!

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are great and I just love your backgrounds!! :-)

Sometimes I go back in old art journals and add things 4 years later. Seems like I am never really done working on a page... that's why I hate to write the dates on things. I think the idea of doing a page and adding all the dates to it would be fun.
Love your journal pages. I also can relate to your comment about what is old is new. My youngest is in to Bob Dylan. He was amazed that I had his albums. I think the thing that worries me the most is that I don;t see tons of original ideas coming from this generation.
Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday!
Tammy Freiborg said…
Beautiful variety of pages and backgrounds. Sorry about the loss of your longterm client. So happy you have a new client with a shorter drive.
Timaree said…
I love your pages you've done. Can you take the ones with the painted backgrounds with you since they won't make messy art at that point? It's hard knowing you can't do art or the internet for a few days at a time. My son got the internet from his phone for a while but now they charge too much.

I can't believe they still had 1973 Ms magazines!

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop

Go Easy