Skip to main content

gearing up for finals


Haven't had lots of time to devote to posting my work here lately.  This is the last leg of the Acrylics class and we have been painting Plein Air.  We took an over night field trip and stayed in the old Coast Guard Field Station at Point Arena.  It is a pristine property owned by Mendocino College and until now has been used only for the Science and Oceanography Departments.  It has four houses, each with three bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen and living room fully stocked for over night stays with the exception of linens. Our class had a total blast cooking and painting together.  We would love to do it again next semester.

I have all but the four small paintings we did at the coast.  I've been waiting to get them back but they will be on display until the end of the semester and that's another two weeks.  I will show first what I started out with and what I've done after the trip, both outdoors and in the studio.

One of my many set ups at Point Arena

The challenges of Plein Air!

Reducing to simple shapes and using a limited color scheme.
The opposite!


Simplifying brush strokes.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Be Organized!

My old and favorite blog, artstudio49.blogspot.com has evolved to contain my ART as a clearinghouse of sorts.  It’s what I think will keep me organized, and possibility even sane.  I have joined forces with several online artist/designer-selling platforms. 

These companies manufacture, ship, and pay the Artists/Designers an agreed upon stipend for the use of their digital files containing the artwork.

I won’t get rich or even famous but these platforms are a way to get my work out into the universe or even just the virtual universe.

First in line is Fine Art America, which I joined last year.  My art is in a state of flux and I’m giving birth to new and different kinds of art everyday.  Fine Art America is a great place to start keeping it all categorized, as you’ll see in my shop.  I have uploaded; Collage, Paintings, Photos and Digitally Altered Collage and Photos.  You can get to my shop Me at Fine Art America
Redbubble is similar to Fine Art America in that you can purchase Wall Art…

Resistance Serises

Here are the finished 12x12 canvases (I think)



Last day of Three Days Off

I spent the day playing around with some new ideas.
Here's what that looks like.