Siapo Desgin Greeting Cards


What I've been up to lately!  Greeting Cards!! I have created some greeting cards that are near and dear to my heart. 

They will be available at my brand new Esty shop called AliiTasiStudio, opening at the end of September 2016.  

My greeting cards are one of a kind. There are no two exactly alike. In this series they are hand made from recycled tea bags and stamped with my hand carved stamps using archival inks.  Each tea bag is a piece of signed original art.  

I was inspired to create these cards by my Samoan ancestors and from living with Siapo hanging on the wall of my bedroom as a child.  They are reminiscent of traditional hand pounded Siapo, also known as Tapa, made from Mulberry Tree bark.  There is a long history of Polynesian Tapa in Oceania.  Siapo was/is used as an element of value, given at Births, Weddings, Funerals and important ceremonial gatherings involving High Talking Chiefs and Village Chiefs..  I would love to include you in the tradition of giving Siapo as a valued gift.  I offer these artworks in the form of greeting cards so that you may also give Siapo. Left blank inside for your own creativity!
  
The cards and envelopes include Environmental Certifications from Forest Stewardship (FSC), Rainforest Alliance, Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), and World Wildlife Foundation.  They are made from 10% post consumer waste. 

Here are a few photos.







 


Comments

Howard said…
Those are beautiful Elly!
Eloise Taesali said…
Thanks Howard! I am getting a wonderful response to these cards. Please share my facebook post with your friends and check in at my Esty Shop late September.
Unknown said…
Beautiful Work Ellie. Can't wait to order from Esty.
Love you,
Penina
Eloise Taesali said…
Thanks for visiting Sis!!! So happy to see you here!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop

Go Easy