Masters!

This new assignment is to copy a famous artist.  Since I have always loved Sunflower's I couldn't resist Van Gogh.  I was lucky enough to see some of his original painting last time they were at the De Young Museum in San Francisco.  I remember just starring at Starry Night.  It was a little tiny  painting but in contrast had very thick paint.  I choose The Three Sunflowers, a painting that has been kept in private collections and not as well known as the others.  The Six Sunflowers, unfortunately was destroyed in the Hiroshima atom bombing.  Fourteen Sunflowers and Sixteen Sunflowers are the most famous of Van Gogh's second series of Sunflowers painted while he lived in the little yellow house in Arles, France.  I almost changed my mind about doing Vincent Van Gogh because just doing the research of his life was depressing, but the sunflowers drew me in! 

This is the under painting;
More later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go Easy

Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop