I have been playing with a new technique.  It has been absolutely transformational!  I couldn't stop myself; I was lost in time for hours. I love when that happens.

I'm working on a new line of greeting notecards which are A2 size.  These new cards are just a bit smaller than my Siapo Greeting cards that are A6, but the impact is huge.  These new backgrounds are so perfect for my new line of notecard.  The cards feature little bits and pieces of all my favorite left over painted papers.  They are mainly upcycled treasures too beautiful to toss that I have saved over time.  Like old maps I've altered, sheet music that has been painted or Gelli printed or in some other way altered.  I also have some found and exotic papers in the mix.  The papers have been stamped or stenciled or doodled on in a way that makes them truly unique.  I've tried some new techniques using several new mediums that I haven't used for a long time or never before and I'm loving the results.

I call them Girlfriend cards because each one is an affirmation to help your friend or loved one at a point in their lives. They're the words you know they need to hear. Just the perfect reminder for the moment. 


Here are some of the backgrounds:









I've made lots of cards but people are loving them so much I can't seem make enough!  Of course, that makes me feel great but I really wanted to put some up on my Etsy shop.  So far, I haven't been able to get any photographs of the cards to upload to my shop.  I'm hoping to get some good shots after Thanksgiving.  I'll let you guys know when that happens. I'll give you a link to my Etsy Shop when their up and ready.

Anyway,
I hope that you all have a great holiday and a Happy Thanksgiving.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating Personal Retreats an Online Workshop

Go Easy